I’ve decided to set a few goals for the year.
Some are little and easy. Some are big, broad, and hard.
I’m not going to be super upset if I fall behind or get to the end of the year and haven’t finished these, but I think it’s a good exercise to think through some long(ish) term goals for myself.
Ok, here goes:
1. Read at least one book each month
2. Read through the whole Bible
3. Finish memorizing the book of Colossians (one more chapter to go!)
4. Memorize the book of James
5. Journal regularly
6. Walk 300 miles
7. Maintain a healthy weight
8. Camp at least twice
9. Invite friends over at least once a month
10. Finish a creative writing project
11. Try out a few new recipes each month
12. Scale back the Netflix
13. Visit somewhere new
14. Finish decorating the kitchen (we’ve lived here over a year, I think it’s time)
15. Keep the house generally clean
Overall, I’m hoping to continue practicing discipline. It was something I strove for last year, and I think it’s really helped me use my time and energy more wisely.
What about you? I’d love to hear about some of your hopes and goals for 2015 – let’s chat in the comments!