Well, the month is more than half over. I can’t believe it’s going by so fast! I thought that posting so regularly would seem like a chore, but I’ve really loved having an excuse to share so many different posts with y’all.
One of the best by-products of this blog challenge has been getting to talk to my sister more often. I usually call her once or twice a month, but we’ve been talking just about every other day, excitedly sharing post ideas & encouraging each other in our monthly goals.
Speaking of goals, I’ll give you a quick update on where I stand right now. These are the goals I outlined at the beginning of the month:
- getting to bed earlier & waking up in time to open the Word
- keeping the house in general order (no running out of clean underwear or spoons!)
- regular blogging (a given, but that doesn’t mean it won’t be a challenge)
- regular exercise (my goal is to walk 30-40 miles this month, Nike & I both need it)
- intentionally serving someone each day, through letters, texts, Starbucks treats, or any number of other ways (today: a loaf of banana bread is cooling on the counter, waiting for Steve)
- finish memorizing Colossians (I started years ago, and there’s no reason why I can’t get the last chapter and a half done this month)
I have been consistently getting to bed earlier & waking up in time to read the Word. However, I haven’t always used my time wisely, so some mornings my Bible has lain unopened. Also, my trip to Chicago threw me off because of the time difference, so in the week after that trip I struggled to readjust my sleeping habits.
We haven’t run out of underwear, but there was one day that all the spoons were dirty, so let’s say the ‘orderly house’ goal is still a work in progress.
Regular blogging has been a definite success!
Regular exercise, not so much. I haven’t walked a single mile this month. This is partly due to the weather turning so cold so fast, but mostly due to the end of Daylight Saving Time colliding with our busy overtime season at work. Since I now work all the weekday daylight hours & all day Saturday, it doesn’t look like I’ll be making many trips to the park this month.
I have been good at intentionally serving others throughout my day. God has really helped to show me new ways to serve people that I hadn’t thought about before. It’s exciting to see him work in my life & change my perspective.
As for memorizing Colossians, I’ve been working so far on re-memorizing what I’d already learned, and just last week I moved on to new verses, so I’m up to 3:14 right now. Hopefully I’ll be able to finish by the end of the month.
And now I’m going to spend some quality family time watching Frozen with Steve while he does his last assignment of the semester. I’m learning that while I’m working 9-10 hours a day, it’s important to relax while I can!