I can’t believe the new year is almost here again. Life has changed a lot since the start of 2016:
– Went through the first embryo transfer & miscarriage
– Hunted for a new job for Steve & moved to Yukon when he was hired as a youth pastor
– Went through the second embryo transfer & stayed pregnant
– Stayed with Steve’s parents for 3 months & finally found a place of our own to rent
– Found out that we’re having twins – both boys!
– Celebrated 5 years of marriage
We went through some ups and downs, but we’re definitely going out on a high note, and it looks like 2017 is going to be the best year yet – certainly the most exhausting!
I think the best part about this past year is seeing God’s hand in all of our plans, and the great community that we have in the church. Our last church in Kentucky was so supportive of our adoption, and we had some very close friends there that walked alongside us during the miscarriage – we miss them dearly.
Our new church in Yukon already feels like family. They have welcomed us with open arms and are so excited about our adoption & the twins.
God has provided for us throughout our marriage, but we’ve seen his grace and blessings more this year than any before. Through sorrows & excitement, we have praised his name. I hope that I’ll be able to look back on 2017 and say that again.