1. Two Mother’s Day Poems from Pastor John – Two poems to celebrate Mother’s Day written by John Piper…. from 1995. Did the internet even exist back then? Don’t ask Lisa because she was only 4 years old so she wouldn’t know. Continue reading
Remembering Eva Grace
Royce & Keri Young go to my (Lisa’s) church. We don’t know them too well, but Keri & I had almost the same due date, and we had some similar pregnancy issues because she was retaining enough fluid to look like she was carrying twins. We bonded over swollen ankles & nonstress tests. In the short time I’ve known her, it’s clear that Keri is a sweet person and full of joy, even in these past months of pain and heartbreak. Continue reading
1. This past weekend, I (Lisa) made some delicious gluten free cinnamon rolls. I used this recipe, and Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Baking Mix for the all purpose gluten free flour, and it worked great. My favorite part about this recipe is that it makes 36 rolls and has instructions for freezing and reheating them. Cinnamon rolls are time-consuming and messy to bake, so I’m glad to have done all the work already & know that future me can enjoy lots more rolls!
1. The Bible Project – This website has a ton of well-designed Bible study materials. My favorites are their videos that give an overview of books of the Bible, which you can find compiled on their YouTube page. These videos are helpful for me when starting a study in a new book since they give a great overview of the historical context, the context within the Bible, and the literary features within the book.
1. “My daughter has got a bigger purpose in life” – This sweet couple goes to my (Lisa’s) church. It’s been encouraging watching them go through this trial and see their faith strengthen as their pregnancy progresses. The Youngs, and our church alongside them, have done a great job of living out Romans 12:15, rejoicing over Eva’s life & preparing to mourn over her death. Pray for them as Eva’s delivery day gets closer.
1. The True Cost – An enlightening documentary available on Netflix, Apple TV, and Amazon which highlights everything that is wrong with today’s fashion industry. The True Cost is a groundbreaking documentary film that pulls back the curtain on the untold story and asks us to consider, who really pays the price for our clothing? ‘Eye opening’ would be an understatement. I really encourage you to watch it.