When I’m traveling by car or even by plane for very long, I like to stock up on snacks for the trip. Since becoming gluten free, it’s been a little more difficult for me to find good snacks for long trips. Here are some snacks that work well for me. Some of these are specifically gluten free, and some of them are just naturally gluten free.
Gluten Free Road Trip Snacks:
– Pudding (don’t forget to bring spoons!)
– Cheese sticks
– Fruit Snacks (I prefer Mott’s brand – so tasty!)
– Candy (Gummy Worms, Skittles, Butterfingers, Hershey’s, Reese’s, Snickers)
– Sunflower Seeds
– Juice (I buy 100% juice in small bottles from Walmart, a good way to get some calories and keep my blood sugar at a good level since car rides can make me feel weird sometimes)
– Fruit (oranges, grapes, strawberries, bananas, apples)
– Quesadillas (a good sandwich substitute – make them ahead of time so you don’t have to eat out)
– Trail mix
– Chips (corn and potato chips are usually gluten free)
The point is that there are a lot of good gluten free snack foods out there, so don’t stress out next time you need snacks for on the go!