1. Q Ideas – This is a fascinating website that explores how Christians should react to a wide variety of topics, and how we can try to engage and change the culture around us. I recently listened to this talk about the Syrian refugee crisis, and I’m looking forward to exploring more of their hundreds of articles and talks. Being informed about our world & cultures outside of our small spheres of experience is an important step in evangelism.
2. The Briefing – If you’re in or around Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, you certainly already know who Al Mohler is (the president of the seminary) & have been blessed by The Briefing. This short daily podcast analyzes current events from a Christian worldview. It’s a great way to stay informed about what’s going on in our country and around the world, the expected ramifications of laws or events, and how to respond Biblically.
Finding Joy in Creation
3. Do You Exercise for the Wrong Reasons? – While the title of this article might seem judgy, it’s actually a great piece on how God created us to glorify him with our bodies, and how being good stewards of the bodies he’s given us leads to greater joy, better service to others, and even keeps sin at bay.
4. Do Pets Distract the Christian Life? – I clicked on this basically knowing the gist of what Piper would say, but I would encourage you to read at least the last two paragraphs, where he beautifully states how pets can both convict and encourage us on the road to godliness.
Just for Fun
5. Grape Nuts – Hot or Cold? – John Piper’s deep thoughts and well-researched advice on the best way to eat Grape Nuts.