1. The True Cost – An enlightening documentary available on Netflix, Apple TV, and Amazon which highlights everything that is wrong with today’s fashion industry. The True Cost is a groundbreaking documentary film that pulls back the curtain on the untold story and asks us to consider, who really pays the price for our clothing? ‘Eye opening’ would be an understatement. I really encourage you to watch it.
2. Buying Better– After watching the film, I went to The True Cost’s website to learn even more. I found this page about “buying better” very helpful. It offers tips for smarter shopping as well as lots of brands that are doing their part in making a more transparent and sustainable fashion industry.
3. Slavery Footprint – After having your eyes opened about the fashion industry & looking into options for buying better, head over to this site to see how slavery had a hand in everything in your household from sporting equipment to rubber duckies to your phone. Fill out the survey to find out just how many slaves work for you.
Fed is Best
3. Breastfeeding Mom Who Lost Her Son to Accidental Starvation Has a Message for Other New Moms– There’s something about pregnancy and parenting that makes everyone feel much more confident in speaking their minds. New moms are often the targets of way too much unsolicited advice, and it seems that everyone and their dog has an opinion on how you should be raising your children. From cloth diapering to sleep training, and especially breastfeeding! So many mothers are shamed for not wanting or being able to breastfeed their babies. Whether it’s intentional or unintentional pressure, it can be very hard to bear. Mothers need to know that it’s more than okay to feed their babies formula from a bottle. There should be no shame in that. Fed is best!
International Women’s Day
4. The First Day Without a Woman– Exalting women is attractive to the outside world. If we are celebrating and empowering women inside our walls, people are bound to ask, “Why?” And when they do, we can point them to Jesus. How do we follow Jesus’s example? Here are some ideas to help us stand up for women in the church. This list is not meant to be exhaustive, but fresh and practical.