Remembering Eva Grace
Royce & Keri Young go to my (Lisa’s) church. We don’t know them too well, but Keri & I had almost the same due date, and we had some similar pregnancy issues because she was retaining enough fluid to look like she was carrying twins. We bonded over swollen ankles & nonstress tests. In the short time I’ve known her, it’s clear that Keri is a sweet person and full of joy, even in these past months of pain and heartbreak.
You may have seen their story floating around the internet, but in case you haven’t, here are some links about their girl Eva, whose funeral we attended on Tuesday. I won’t ever be able to separate Eva from my boys, since her life was lived in a womb alongside them. Her story is beautiful. Please pray for their family.
1. Eva’s Story, written by her father, Royce.
2. A podcast of Royce talking about Eva’s story (Episode 117 released 5/4/17)
3. A video of Eva’s life & birth
4. The Youngs at the OKC Marathon
The Opposite of Embryo Adoption
5. Embryo Jewelry – I really don’t know what to say about this. It’s horrifying.