We’re back! You might not have noticed our absence, but Cara & I both took about a month off from blogging. We wanted to fully enjoy the summer, and both of our families happened to be reevaluating how we use technology & what ways we can step back from spending so much time on our phones, on social media, and generally staring at screens.
We want to use this blog for a the purpose of building up a community & encouraging other moms and wives in their faith by giving you guys a window into our hearts and lives. We’ve been doing some restructuring on the blog to help reflect this, which will hopefully be up and running soon.
In the mean time, here are some of our favorite resources for evaluating the reach of technology into your life and your home:
1. The Tech-Wise Family by Andy Crouch – A comprehensive look at technology in the home with some good, radical guidelines to keep technology in its place.
2. 12 Ways Your Phone is Changing You by Tony Reinke – How can you use your phone for the glory of God and keep it from controlling you? Rienke takes a look at our phone habits and digs deep into the Word to help us straighten it all out.
3. Walk the Worldwide Garden – Why you should protect your family’s internet use & how.
4. How Do You Use Your iPhone and iPad in Christian Growth? – John Piper outlines how he uses his devices to grow closer to God daily.
5. Six Wrong Reasons to Check Your Phone in the Morning – John Piper on why you should start your day off with God, not Facebook.