The Road Goes Ever On and On

the road goes ever on and on

After the unbelievably loving response that I got from Tuesday’s post, I have to start this post with a thank you to my readers! I can’t count the messages, comments, texts, and emails that I got from you guys, all sending prayers our way. It just goes to show that I wasn’t kidding about that Romans 12:15 stuff, you guys have that verse written on your hearts.

I thought that now would be a good time to let you guys know some more specific ways you can be praying for us during this next step of our adoption. 

We need plenty of prayer, but our biggest concern right now is deciding when to schedule the next embryo transfer. We have two more frozen embryos who have been waiting for a chance at life for over a decade now, and we definitely don’t want to keep them waiting much longer.

The biggest obstacle to this is finances. Earlier this week, we were thinking that we could probably do the transfer soon, and also have enough money for Steve to take some classes this summer. But this end of the week has us looking at a root canal in the near future (I think Steve’s the first person to break a tooth eating pizza), and we’re probably going to be junking one of our cars (broken radiator, cooling pump, and iffy engine). Maybe this is God’s way of telling us to wait – pray that we have the discernment we need to figure that out!

Another way that you can pray for us is for our moving plans. For a while now, we’ve been wanting to move closer to family (in Arkansas and Oklahoma), and get Steve back into a ministry job. We want to be gaining ministry experience and to live close to family while we have young kids and prepare to move overseas, since overseas missions has always been our goal.

Steve has applied for several jobs in that area, and made it a good ways into the interview process for one church. However, once we do the transfer, our doctor here will want to keep monitoring the pregnancy for the first trimester. That could get tricky if we do the transfer here and then Steve gets hired in Oklahoma. I don’t think it would be the end of the world to transfer to a different Reproductive Endocrinologist at 6 or 8 weeks pregnant, but I have grown to love my RE here and would like to stay with him as long as I can.

Last, but not least, we need prayer for patience and contentment. Patience while we wait on the Lord’s guidance for our next steps, patience as we approach the next transfer (whether it be next month or in three months), patience for the two-week wait, and contentment with God’s plans for those embryos, whether they live or die.

Way back in 2014, I posted my first post about infertility and our heart for adoption. I talked about how my diagnosis felt like a big bend in the road. Now, a year and a half later, I identify better with the song that Bilbo sings at the beginning of the Fellowship of the Rings:

The Road goes ever on and on

Down from the door where it began.

Now far ahead the Road has gone,

And I must follow, if I can,

Pursuing it with eager feet,

Until it joins some larger way

Where many paths and errands meet.

And whither then? I cannot say!

The road keeps going on and on, and we’re trying our best to follow.

Thank you again for your love, support, and prayers. We are still accepting donations to our adoption fund if you’re looking for another way to help!

If you’re a new follower and want to read about our whole adoption journey, check out this page.

lisa signature 2

Explorer & adventurer - mostly through scratches of ink on a page - I enjoy my husband, our twin boys, our boisterous German shepherd, and strive to live for the glory of God.
  1. You and Steve have been/will be in our thoughts and prayers. Thanks for sharing more specific ways we can pray for you!

    1. Thanks for your prayers!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *