1. Two Mother’s Day Poems from Pastor John – Two poems to celebrate Mother’s Day written by John Piper…. from 1995. Did the internet even exist back then? Don’t ask Lisa because she was only 4 years old so she wouldn’t know.
2. What Mother’s Day is About – Not everyone is a mother, but everyone has a mother. It is a holiday where we don’t just receive honor if we are a mother, but we thank God for the mother he gave us and give honor as well.
3. On Mother’s Day, Remember the Infertile – Mother’s Day is a particularly sensitive time in many congregations, and pastors and church leaders often don’t even know it. This is true even in congregations that don’t focus the entire service around the event as if it were a feast day on the church’s liturgical calendar. Infertile women, and their husbands, are still often grieving in the shadows.
4. The Introverted Mother – Lisa and I are both introverts, so this article was helpful in giving us some tips for how to best love our children and husbands by playing off our strengths. It’s hard to be an introverted mother, but we trust that God will provide the strength we need to serve our families well through it!
5. Mothers Are Never Alone When Alone – Yes, motherhood is hard work. It’s lonely work. It’s a work that doesn’t always yield results for all of the input. But it’s a Christ-like work. Every day we die to ourselves whether through lack of sleep, time, or social interaction, we are taking on the form of a servant in the spirit of our Christ. And it’s beautiful to God.